“What do you mean, making money online is not easy? I just built a website and booked a vacation!”
Sorry to burst your fantasies about living a life of luxury on a tropical beach front, while the money rolls into your bank account. Unless you’re a lottery winner with an investment portfolio, that probably isn’t going to happen. No matter what the promotions and so-called “gurus” might lead you to believe, making money online is not easy!
Most people do not want to work and will avoid it at all costs:
Let’s face it, that’s human nature. We would all rather be relaxing on a beach or doing just about anything rather than working, right? Yes, we’re lazy animals but we want stuff…lots of stuff. The problem is that most of us are simply not motivated enough to work for it.
There is one thing that people want more than anything. They want money…
Money is what allows us to buy things that enhance our lives and make us happier. It gives us a sense of security and even status among our peers. The more money we have, the more freedom we believe we will have, to do just about whatever we want. Who says money can’t buy you love? Of course it can! Though it may not be sincere love, it certainly is love…the love of money. Whomever is blessed with a fortune can easily be surrounded with love no matter what he or she looks like physically, says and believes or acts.
But, they want to get it with as little amount of effort as possible! That is why making money online appeals to so many people. On the surface, it looks easy. There are plenty of people out there who will try to make you believe that. Don’t, because it’s a fantasy. Which would you rather have? $1000 a week for doing nothing or $3000 a week for working six 12 hour days? Most people will take the easy path of $1000 a week. After all, 72 hours a week is a LOT of work, right?
Most people are lazy and that’s the honest reality of life. Here’s why:
No one wants to spend most of their lives working and toiling away for bigger money at the cost of leisure or family time, etc. Who can blame them? If I could make a decent, comfortable living without working hard I would most likely choose the $1000 a week option too! Society has programmed us all to respond to immediate satisfaction, with little or no effort. Of course there are many ambitious and wealthy people out there that buck this trend and continue to seek even more financial gain. In reality, it’s not so much the money they want as much as the insatiable craving for power, that comes from what money can buy.
At this point, you’re probably thinking, “Ok, I get it. So what does this have to do with making money online?“
It simply is not possible to make money online unless you can provide something of value to people who want to buy it from you. Memorize this and make it a personal mantra. The only way to make money both online or via a brick and mortar business is to provide value in exchange for value. That means simply that your product or service must be so easy for the buyer that they have to little or no work whatsoever.
People want instant results and they want it now!
Study traditional advertising and you’ll see what I mean. People will buy pills and potions that promise instant results. They don’t want to work hard to lose weight or make money, so they will buy a solution that gets them immediate results in exchange for hard work. People may want a website but they don’t want to take time to do the work to grow a customer base.
Some people will eagerly buy an online course to help them make money online, but will they actually follow the course and do what is required? As a matter of fact, most will give up a short way into the course and never bother to look at it again. It’s simply “too much work” for them.
Who REALLY makes money? Congratulations, you have discovered the big secret to making money online!
That’s right. The person who sells the course is the one who really makes money online. He markets the course so well that it makes it appear that anyone can make money online simply by purchasing the course. Are you familiar with such terms as “done for you”, “instant money machine”, etc.? These are all terms geared towards getting people to believe that whatever product or service being promoted, will make them money for doing little to no work. In truth, some of these things may help get you started but unless you really put some work into it, you will not make the amount of money you’re dreaming of. That vacation on a tropical beach may be reduced to a bottle of Perrier, if you’re lucky.
Here’s the good news… yes, you can make money online. By reading and understanding the above, you will understand some of the psychology behind why people buy from you.
Here are the essentials for truly making money online:
- Are you willing to work hard, very hard to get results? If so, the rewards will come easier as you go.
- Build trust with your audience and potential customers. Period. If the people who follow your blog or purchase your products trust you, they will spread the goodwill with others.
- Creating or having your own product, online course, etc. is perhaps the best way to provide value and make money online.
- Give away your best stuff! Yes, you read that correctly. Give away the best course video or ebook you have to new subscribers to your e-mail list. If you provide value immediately and for free, it makes it that much easier to convert subscribers into customers later on.
- Make it easy for your followers to take action on whatever you give them. They should be able to get immediate results by taking action on what you provide to them. You have done your part. Now it is their responsibility to take action.
- If you do not have a product of your own to offer, consider affiliate marketing. Again, don’t be lazy because there may be hundreds of other affiliates promoting the same offers as you. Make your’s unique and offer reviews, bonuses and other perks that increase value.
- Analyze and scale. Always look at your conversion numbers and costs to make sure you are not losing money! Yes, you might and probably will lose money as you test the waters but that’s all part of the reality of making money online. When you create and run a campaign that’s making money, scale it up and take advantage.
- Help others. Givers gain and often when you can help others, karma has a way of finding a way back to reward you as well. There are some excellent Internet marketers out there that are brutally honest about how they make money online. There are others who perform like snake oil salesmen in Old West traveling shows. You’ll be able to tell the difference…if you use your head and think logically.
This is probably the best advice I have given so far and perhaps the most useful post on this website. I hope it helps you in some way. Questions and/or comments are welcome below.
A quick note about the reviews and tool links on this site: I am an affiliate for most every product I review or link to. I purchase these products and test them myself in order to create quality reviews. All my reviews are completed as honestly as possible. I make no promises to the vendor prior to writing my review as to the content of the review. Should you click a link on this site that takes you to a paid product, this link will be an affiliate link and I will be paid a percentage of the sales price should you decide to purchase that product.
Latest posts by William (see all)
- 7 Great Tips to Keep Your Customers Coming Back For More - December 19, 2016
- Credi Response for Facebook Review - December 15, 2016
- Rock Solid Ways to Focus and Make Money Online - November 8, 2016