What is Udemy? For those of you who don’t know, Udemy is probably the world’s largest online learning marketplace
Although you can make money by producing and promoting your own Udemy courses, it is also possible to make a great deal of money selling other people’s courses as an affiliate. If you already have a lot of connections on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. this is a huge advantage and should help you start making money very quickly. You get a 40% commission on every Udemy course that you refer to someone, if they decide to enroll.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to get started making money selling Udemy courses:
- Apply and sign up as an Udemy affiliate. Get started here or at Ratuken Linkshare, via the Join Now button. Once you sign up, you will have to wait for approval. You must be over 18 years of age. Also, you will be asked to provide your website address. If you don’t have a website get a simple one setup. Once your account is approved (usually 24 to 48 hrs.), simply login and search and apply for Udemy under the Advertisers index. Udemy pays via Linkshare to your PayPal account.
- Find courses that you can sell as an affiliate by contacting instructors and asking them to create a “coupon code” specifically for you.
This is so that the link you promote gets credited to you for payment. In this example, we are using this coupon code URL: https://www.udemy.com/learn-thai-cooking/?couponCode=strategyforprofit
Once that is done, you will have your link which you can them promote on your website or on social media. It looks like this:
So how do you find courses to sell?
Probably the first, best course of action is to contact the course instructors, as mentioned above. Many instructors have multiple courses and you may be able to promote some or all. It is to the instructor’s advantage to get you the codes you need because you are helping to sell their course, at no cost to them. Who would turn down free advertising? The other advantage is that the codes can have an expiration quantity or date, so if you’re really successful, you may need to contact the instructor to have them create a new code for you. Go to Udemy.com and look for top instructors with over 1000 students and 4 or 5 star reviews. These courses are already very popular and should be easier for you to promote and make a sale.
Another method is to find and use coupon codes on websites, Facebook Groups, Reddit, etc. One caveat is that you need to keep an eye on these codes to make sure they do not expire. If they do, you can either stop promoting them or contact the instructor and request a new code, specifically for you. Here are a few places to get you started.
- FB Group: Udemy Free Coupons (though many are not free, but discounted – these are the ones you can use)
- FB Group: Udemy Coupon Guru
A quick note about the reviews and tool links on this site: I am an affiliate for most every product I review or link to. I purchase these products and test them myself in order to create quality reviews. All my reviews are completed as honestly as possible. I make no promises to the vendor prior to writing my review as to the content of the review. Should you click a link on this site that takes you to a paid product, this link will be an affiliate link and I will be paid a percentage of the sales price should you decide to purchase that product.
Latest posts by William (see all)
- 7 Great Tips to Keep Your Customers Coming Back For More - December 19, 2016
- Credi Response for Facebook Review - December 15, 2016
- Rock Solid Ways to Focus and Make Money Online - November 8, 2016